Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The 4th and other stuff

The 4th is my favorite holiday besides Christmas. I love to be here at home for it, they do lots of fun things! They fire the cannon starting a 5 am about a million times (JC was not pleased about that one) Then starting at 6 am they have a pancake breakfast at the park, we made it there around 8. After that they have a patriotic little program then they do a free BBQ in the park. After everyone has filled there bellies it is time to have the foot races. I am proud to say for the 4th year in a row my kids took first or a CLOSE second place in their age groups, we train all year for this, the winner gets a gold dollar, second gets a 50 cent piece and third (which we don't even bother with) gets a quarter and everyone who races gets cracker jacks, but really it is lots of fun to watch. I only have one picture cause I am a slacker and forgot my camera, Thanks Jamie for taking one for me!!!

Cody running for 2nd place in the foot races

After all that fun we came back to my house and let the kids play on the water slide and rest for a bit so that we could go to Lyman Lake for the fireworks. It was such a fun day the kids made it about 3 minutes in the car after the fireworks before crashing out.


Me and Cody watching fireworks

Cody

Sadie

3 comments:

Ashley said...

looks like you had soo much fun. I want to be there for next years
4th of july celebration.

-Laura- said...

Looks like a blast! I love those watermelon pictures. :)

Kristen said...

I love the one of Cody eating watermelon. I just want to squeeze that kid. I agree w/you that St. Johns is the best for the 4th. I think I even like it better than the 24th--it's such a relaxed, old-fashioned, fun day.