Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Carmels

These are my favorite Christmas candy in the world I just thought that I would share

in a large pot combine

2 C sugar
2 cubes butter
1 3/4 C lite Karo syrup
2 C heavy cream

cook on stove top, stirring constantly till temp reaches 248, remove from heat and stir in
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
pour into a 9x13 glass pan that has been VERY well greased with PAM (especially the bottom)

when completely cool remove/pry from pan and cut into squares and wrap in wax paper.

After I remove the Carmel's from pan i wipe all the extra grease from the candy before I wrap them.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Yum! I wish you were here to make them with me. I love you!

Maren said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I'm always wondering where I put the recipes your mom gives me EVERY year. Now I know where to find it after I misplace the recipe.