Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chunk in the Ice

Do your kids ever come up to you asking for something specific and you have no clue what they are talking about? Well it happens to me all the time with my kids Jordyn and Sadie end up frustrated and Jojo usually cries and Sadie stays with it till I understand.

This morning I was in the kitchen cleaning up and Cody came in and said "Mom I want to watch Chunk in da Ice."

Me: ok what movie is that, do we have it

Cody: Yes its Chunk in the Ice and he gets that fing and that dog gets that fing

Me: what thing buddy show me

so Cody looked through all the movies and couldn't find it so I stat asking him more about the movie and think that he wants so watch Balto.

Me: Balto budd?

Cody: NO! CHUNK...IN...DA...ICE!!!

Me: Ok lets try this one

I put in Balto

Cody: Yup, that's it Chunk in da Ice, see mama.

aaa

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh my gosh. This happens all the time. Hunter will come up to me and say "Heppa hun" over and over and over, getting whinier and whinier with every turn.

He was saying "Help with hand" which really meant "Help me up onto the couch by pulling me by the hand"

Gee. I wonder why I didn't understand.

tricia said...

That is a funny one Jen. We have to have one of the kids interpret for us.