Thursday, September 4, 2008

Surgery

Cody had to go back in to the hospital yesterday to put tubes back into his ears. it was a real simple procedure it took about 7-10 minutes for the surgery and 20 in recovery. He was mad about the whole thing though.

We had to be to the hospital by 6am which ment leaving our house by about 5 so we could stop and get some gas. Cody could not have anything to eat or drink so he was not thrilled by the time we arrived. A very nice old man walked us back to the room and tried giving Cody a teddy bear but Cody punched it out of the mans hands an screamed at him. He would not let anybody near him, which made getting his vitals fun.. He was ticked when they put on his hospital bands, infact when he woke up that was the first thing he wanted, was them off.

He was fine once we left the hospital and fed him some breakfast and apple juice. When we got home he was sleepy and took a long nap and now he is as good as new.

This is the only picture I got of him. He refused to wear the cute little gown they gave him so he was naked the whole time.

cody in hospital

6 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Ha! When Brycie got her tonsils out when she was 5... she cried of the "ugly" gown she had to wear. Glad it all went well. :)

-Laura- said...

Awww...poor Cody! Glad it was quick. He sounds how Spencer sounds when he's getting his vitals and tests done too. Fun, fun. :)

Hope you got a nap too!

Missy said...

Poor kid! What torture! Glad he's all good now! :o)

Honey Girl said...

Man, I was feeling bad for myself because of all of the doctor's trips I was making for Chase...till I saw how many times you guys have been in the hospital. Poor baby. Did everything turn out well with Sadie's tonsils? I love her missing teeth.

Ashley said...

poor little poo-poo head.

Maren said...

I love that little dumma. He looks so pissed & knowing you... I bet his temper can rival yous (not that you get mad often) - but you know what I mean. I'm so glad he is doing better, poor thing. I miss your kids!@